Last Updated: July 18, 2023
IF THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT IS ACCEPTING ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, SUCH INDIVIDUAL REPRESENTS THAT THEY ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN YEARS OF AGE OR ANY HIGHER AGE IN THEIR JURISDICTION THAT IS REQUIRED TO FORM A BINDING CONTRACT AND THAT THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND SUCH ENTITY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, IN WHICH CASE THE TERM “YOU” SHALL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES. IF THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY OR DOES NOT AGREE WITH THIS AGREEMENT, SUCH INDIVIDUAL MAY NOT USE THE PLATFORM.
This Agreement is subject to occasional revision. If License Lounge makes substantial changes, License Lounge may notify you by sending an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any) and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes within the interface of the Platform itself. You are responsible for providing License Lounge with your most current email address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you provided License Lounge is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, License Lounge’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Any changes to this Agreement will be effective immediately for you if the revised Agreement is displayed to you before your first use of the Platform. Otherwise, changes to this Agreement will be effective 30 calendar days after the earliest of the dates that License Lounge either emails you notice of the revision or posts notice of the revision on the Platform. Your continued use of the Platform following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by this Agreement as so amended.
1. ABOUT LICENSE LOUNGE AND THE PLATFORM
License Lounge publishes the Platform to enable you and others to explore, discover, publish, buy and sell Licenses to Content as this Agreement provides. In this Agreement, “Content” means recordings (audio, video and any other recordings) and other content to which Creators offer or sell Licenses through the Platform or to which Licensees purchase Licenses through the Platform, through Content License Agreements or otherwise. “Content” does not include any License Lounge Data.
You may use the Platform in any of the following ways that you wish:
- As a “Creator,” meaning that you create and publish Content and are subject by this Agreement’s provisions relating to Creators.
- As a “Licensee,” meaning that you purchase one or more Licenses from Creators and are subject to this Agreement’s provisions relating to Licensees.
- As a “Member,” meaning that you have purchased subscription-based access to the Platform from License Lounge (your “Subscription”) and are subject to this Agreement’s provisions relating to Members.
- To browse, explore, read, watch and listen to Content on the Platform and use other Platform features that do not require you to make payment.
Those using the Platform in any or all of the ways described above are referred to collectively in this Agreement as “Users.”
The Platform includes some features that you may use at no cost (“Free Features”). Except as this Agreement otherwise expressly states, your use of Free Features is subject to this Agreement to the same extent as your use of any other features of the Platform.
Your use of the Platform in all ways is subject to this Agreement and, depending on how you choose to use the Platform, to separate additional agreements between you and either License Lounge or other Users or both.
2. ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS
Depending on how you choose to use the Platform, you may become bound by one or more of the following additional agreements, each of which is incorporated by this Agreement (all of the following together, “Supplemental Agreements”):
You may use the Platform in any of the following ways that you wish:
- When Licensees use the Platform to buy Content, they enter into “Content License Agreements” with the Content’s Creators. Content License Agreements can be either “Exclusive Content License Agreements” or “Non-Exclusive Content License Agreements” with the Content’s Creator. Creators choose the particular Content License Agreement type that applies to the Content they offer on the Platform, and each Licensee has the opportunity to review the applicable Content License Agreement before purchasing each License and becoming bound by that Content License Agreement.
- Creators who choose to use License Lounge’s Asset Management Service are also subject to the Asset Management Service Terms.
3. ADDITIONAL DEFINITIONS
The following terms have the meanings given below in addition to other terms defined herein:
“Entity” means a limited liability company, corporation, partnership or any other business organization, non-profit organization or other legal entity that is not a natural person.
“Intellectual Property” means copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and trade dress.
“License Fee” means a fee paid or payable by a Purchaser to a Creator in connection with the Platform.
“License Lounge Marks” means any and all trademarks, service marks, logos or other branding owned or controlled by License Lounge relating to License Lounge, to the Platform or to any other products or services offered by License Lounge. “License Lounge Marks” does not include any Intellectual Property of any third party.
“License Lounge Data” means written, audio, video, multimedia, artistic and all other content in and made available through the Platform that is not Content.
“Malicious Code” means code, files, scripts, agents or programs intended to do harm, including, for example, viruses, worms, time bombs and Trojan horses.
“Systems” means any and all hardware, software or other systems that you own, lease or control.
“Third-Party Materials” means software, information, products and materials made available by third parties (other than Users) and incorporated into the Platform.
“Updates” means updates, upgrades, bug fixes, patches, error corrections and/or releases of new features by License Lounge, including any related documentation, relating to the Platform.
“Your Content” means Content that you as a Creator have offered or published, or to which you have sold a License, through the Platform.
“Your Data” means Your Content together with all other data, materials, information, files and other content, whether in written, audio, video, multimedia or other format, that you upload or provide to License Lounge. Examples of Your Data that is not Your Content include information that you provide to License Lounge in connection with registration or with your usage of the Platform but which is not seen by other Users.
4. LICENSE LOUNGE’S RESPONSIBILITIES.
- 4.1. Availability. License Lounge will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the online elements of the Platform available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, except for: (a) planned downtime (of which License Lounge will give at least 24 hours’ advance electronic notice), (b) downtime resulting from downtime of License Lounge’s hosting provider or of any other Third-Party Materials’ providers; and (c) force majeure events defined in this Agreement.
- 4.3 Deletion of Your Data and Your Content. Except as we otherwise agree with you or disclose to you, License Lounge may permanently delete Your Data or any portion of it at (a) any time after your Subscription terminates, with respect to those portions of Your Data that require Subscription access to create or store, and (b) at any time, with respect to those portions of Your Data that are created using Free Features and which are not incorporated into a Subscription. You accept the risk of such deletion and agree to maintain copies, stored outside of the Platform, of any of Your Data that you do not wish to lose permanently.
- 4.4 Customer Support. The Platform includes certain information and features designed to assist you with using it. To the extent that the Platform includes features that allow you to submit questions, comments or requests for support to License Lounge, License Lounge will use commercially reasonable efforts to reply but makes no warranty as to the promptness of or your satisfaction with such replies.
- 4.5 Updates. License Lounge will make Updates to the Platform from time to time in License Lounge’s sole discretion.
5. ACCESS AND USE
- 5.1. Your Access. Subject to and conditioned on your compliance with this Agreement, License Lounge grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and use the Platform for your Own Use during the Term. “Own Use” in this Agreement means use by you as an individual only (not extending to any family members, household members or others) if you are an individual. If you are an Entity, then Personal Use means use throughout that Entity. In all cases, Own Use also extends to others acting with your permission in connection with the Platform, such as managers, agents or others who assist Creators with the Platform.
- 5.2 Use Restrictions. You agree that you will not at any time during or permanently after the Term, directly or indirectly, and except as you and License Lounge may otherwise agree in writing:
- 5.2.1 sell, resell, license, sublicense, distribute, rent or lease any part of the Platform or any License Lounge Data, or disclose any of them to any third parties without compensation, except as authorized in a Content License Agreement to which you are party.
- 5.2.2 use the Platform to store, use or transmit material in violation of third-party privacy rights, contractual rights or Intellectual Property rights.
- 5.2.3 use the Platform to store or transmit to third parties any Malicious Code, or disable, impair or conduct penetration tests or scans of any hardware, software or other systems that License Lounge owns, leases or controls.
- 5.2.4 interfere with or disrupt the Platform’s integrity or performance.
- 5.2.5 gain unauthorized access to the Platform.
- 5.2.6 access or use any Intellectual Property owned or made available to you by License Lounge.
- 5.2.7 modify, copy, or create derivative works based on the Platform or any part of it.
- 5.2.8 frame or mirror any part of the Platform, other than framing on your own intranets (if you are an Entity) or otherwise for your Personal Use.
- 5.2.9 remove or modify any attributions, proprietary marks or notices appearing in the Platform, including License Lounge Marks or any other attributions, property marks or notices relating to Third-Party Materials.
- 5.2.10 use the Platform in a way not expressly authorized by this Agreement.
- 5.2.11 disassemble, reverse engineer, or decompile any part of the Platform, or access it to (1) build a product or service competitive to License Lounge, (2) build a product or service copying or using ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Platform, or (3) determine whether the Platform or any part of it is within the scope of any patent.
- 5.3 Service Suspension License Lounge may temporarily suspend your access to any part or all of the Platform if: (i) License Lounge reasonably determines that (A) there is a threat to the Platform; (B) your use of the Platform disrupts or poses a security risk to the Platform, to License Lounge or to any other User; (C) you have used the Platform for fraudulent or illegal activities; (D) you become the subject of any bankruptcy, liquidation, dissolution, or similar proceeding; or (E) License Lounge’s provision of the Platform to you becomes prohibited by applicable law; (ii) any vendor of License Lounge has suspended or terminated License Lounge’s access to or use of any Third-Party Materials; (iii) License Lounge receives a court order or law enforcement request directing such suspension; or (iv) you fail to make timely payment of any Fees.In the case of any suspension pursuant to subclauses (i) through (iii) above, License Lounge will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide written notice before the suspension, to provide updates regarding resumption of access to the Platform following the suspension, and to resume providing access to the Platform promptly after the event giving rise to the suspension is cured, but you acknowledge that such notice is not always possible. The notice described in this paragraph may be made by methods including email messages to Users’ email addresses and/or posting alert messages on the Platform.
- 5.4 Modification and Discontinuance. License Lounge may modify the Platform and/or License Lounge Data at any time during the Term, with or without prior notice to you, provided that no such modification will render the Platform materially less functional to you during the Term. License Lounge will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification permitted by this section. It may be necessary for License Lounge to perform repairs or maintenance or remotely patch or upgrade the Platform, which may temporarily degrade the quality of the Platform or the License Lounge Data or result in a partial or complete outage of the Platform or the License Lounge Data.
- 5.5 Feedback. License Lounge may allow you to provide License Lounge with comments or suggestions about the Platform (“Feedback”). You hereby grant License Lounge a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to copy and store any Feedback and use it to develop new products, improve or modify the Platform or as License Lounge otherwise wishes.
- 5.7 Reservation. All right, title, and interest in the Intellectual Property embodied in the Platform and the License Lounge Marks will belong solely to License Lounge or to the applicable third-party licensor. You will have no rights in the Platform except as agreed in writing between you and License Lounge.
6. PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL USERS.
- 6.1. Links from the Platform. If the Platform contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. License Lounge has no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any third-party website linked to the Platform, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
7. ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, INDEMNIFICATIONS AND OTHER PROVISIONS RELATING TO CREATORS
By entering into this Agreement and by uploading Content to the Platform for License, you as a Creator:
- 7.1. agree that you are responsible for selecting the appropriate Content License Agreement to apply to that Content and reviewing and understanding that Content License Agreement.
- 7.2. ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR UNDERSTANDING THAT BY ENTERING INTO A CONTENT LICENSE AGREEMENT YOU ARE GRANTING IMPORTANT RIGHTS TO A LICENSEE AND GIVING UP IMPORTANT RIGHTS OF YOUR OWN, AND THAT THAT CONTENT LICENSE AGREEMENT MAY HAVE SIGNIFICANT LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND TAX CONSEQUENCES FOR YOU.
- 7.3. ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED BY LICENSE LOUNGE, BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT, TO CONSULT AN ATTORNEY OF YOUR CHOICE BEFORE ENTERING INTO A CONTENT LICENSE AGREEMENT.
- 7.4. ACKNOWLEDGE THAT LICENSE LOUNGE AND ITS ATTORNEYS AND TAX ADVISORS DO NOT REPRESENT YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE PLATFORM OR ANY CONTENT LICENSE AGREEMENTS AND YOU ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATIONS FROM LICENSE LOUNGE OR ITS ATTORNEYS OR TAX ADVISORS WHEN MAKING DECISIONS.
- 7.5. acknowledge that by agreeing to a Content License Agreement, you are entering into a legally binding contract to provide the License regardless of when the License Fee is paid or received.
- 7.6. acknowledge that License Lounge is not a party to any Content License Agreement, or to any other agreement (except for this Agreement) between you and any Licensee.
- 7.7. agree that should you have any dispute with any Licensee regarding a License, the Content License Agreement or the Content subject to that Content License Agreement, that dispute is a private matter between you and the Licensee that License Lounge cannot and will not assist in resolving.
- 7.8. agree that should you have any dispute with any Licensee regarding a License, the Content License Agreement or the Content subject to that Content License Agreement, that dispute is a private matter between you and the Licensee that License Lounge cannot and will not assist in resolving.
- 7.9. represent and warrant that you are the sole owner and/or have exclusive control and administration over and in Your Content, including all sound recording rights and its underlying composition and are free and clear of all encumbrances, restrictions and/or anything that would prevent you from granting (a) to License Lounge all rights in and/or Licenses to Your Content as this Agreement provides and (b) to each Licensee with whom you enter into a Content License Agreement, all of those rights and Licenses set forth in that Content License Agreement.
- 7.10. represent and warrant that (a) Your Content, its sound recording and underlying composition are wholly original, do not include any samples/interpolations, and are not copied or derived from any other work; and (b) the use of Your Content (including, but not limited to, those uses provided for herein) by License Lounge in accordance with this Agreement, and by each Licensee in accordance with the applicable Content License Agreement between that Licensee and you, will not infringe or violate the copyright or any common-law or equitable right nor any personal, proprietary, or other right of any kind whatsoever (including, but not limited to patents, copyrights, trademarks, publicity rights or moral rights) of any third party.
- 7.11. represent and warrant that at the time of your agreement to this Agreement and at the time that you agree to any Content License Agreement, you (a) are not party and shall not be party to any agreement with a record label or publisher, or (b) if you are party to any such agreement, you have secured written approval from a duly authorized representative of such record label or publisher authorizing you to enter into this Agreement and each applicable Content License Agreement.
- 7.12. AGREE, IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER, TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS LICENSE LOUNGE AND LICENSE LOUNGE’S OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS FROM AND AGAINST ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS AND PROCEEDINGS, AND ANY RESULTING LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES), BROUGHT AGAINST ANY LICENSE LOUNGE INDEMNITEE, RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY IN THIS SECTION 7 BY YOU OR OTHERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL OR ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF.
8. ADDITIONAL LICENSEE PROVISIONS.
By purchasing a License, you as a Licensee agree that:
- 8.1. you are responsible for reviewing and understanding the applicable Content License Agreement before making the purchase.
- 8.2. you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the License, regardless of when your License Fee is paid or received.
- 8.3. License Lounge does not transfer the License from the Creator or to you.
- 8.4. License Lounge is not a party to that Content License Agreement or any other agreement between you and the applicable Creator.
- 8.5. should you have any dispute with the Creator regarding the License, the Content License Agreement or the Content subject to that Content License Agreement, that dispute is a private matter between you and the Creator that License Lounge cannot and will not assist in resolving.
9. TERM AND TERMINATION
- 9.1. Agreement Term. This Agreement applies to you at all times that you use the Platform in any way (the “Term”), whether you use Free Features or Subscription features, and unless License Lounge terminates this Agreement as provided herein.
- 9.2. Subscription Term. The term of your Subscription (the “Subscription Term”) consists of the Initial Subscription Term and any Renewal Subscription Terms, unless terminated earlier or extended in the ways described here. The “Initial Subscription Term” is the subscription period you select in your online registration form (one month or one year). The Subscription Term will automatically renew for successive periods of the same length as the Initial Subscription Term (each, a “Renewal Subscription Term”) after the Initial Subscription Term’s end unless you cancel your Subscription by emailing us or by using the cancellation tools in the Platform’s interface before the next upcoming Subscription renewal. Any cancellation that complies with this section will irrevocably terminate your Subscription effective on the last day of the then-current Initial Subscription Term or Renewal Subscription Term.
- 9.3. Termination. License Lounge may terminate your Subscription (a) immediately by notice to you if you have failed to cure any material breach of this Agreement within 14 days after receiving notice of same from License Lounge or if you become insolvent, are liquidated or dissolved or if any proceedings are commenced by, for or against you under any bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization of debts or debtors relief law; (b) on 14 days’ notice to you if you have breached any payment obligation under this Agreement; or (c) on License Lounge’s 90 days’ notice to you for any reason. To the extent you use Free Features, License Lounge may also in its sole discretion terminate this Agreement with you entirely at any time
- 9.4. Effect of Termination. Any termination of your Subscription will simultaneously and automatically terminate your access to Subscription-based Platform features. Any termination of this Agreement will simultaneously and automatically terminate all licenses and access authorizations that License Lounge grants to you pursuant to this Agreement. Termination of either your Subscription or of this Agreement as between you and License Lounge will not, by itself, terminate or otherwise affect any Content License Agreement that may be in effect between you and any other User or other third party.
10. FEES AND TAXES
- 10.1. Fees to License Lounge. In consideration of the rights granted to you hereunder, you will pay License Lounge the Fee(s) specified in the Platform interface for any Platform services or Subscriptions that you have purchased, through any payment method authorized therein. Fees are subject to periodic adjustment by License Lounge, with any adjusted Fees taking effect in the next Renewal Term after License Lounge has given you notice of the upcoming adjusted Fee. License Lounge will charge all Fees to the payment card or other account provided by you through the Platform, or such updated account information as you may later provide to License Lounge. License Lounge will charge the Fee(s) for the Initial Term to that card or account at the time of your first registration for the Platform and will charge the Fee(s) for any Renewal Terms on the first date of such Renewal Terms. Your authorization to License Lounge to charge your payment account for the Initial Term also authorizes License Lounge to charge you for each Renewal Term unless and until this Agreement is terminated. You may discontinue future charges under this Agreement by terminating as this Agreement provides. All Fees are nonrefundable except as expressly provided herein.
- 10.2. License Fees to Creators. By entering into a Content License Agreement, you as a Licensee promise to make payment to the relevant Creator in accordance with the terms of that Content License Agreement, with this Agreement, and with any additional written instructions, terms or conditions published in the Service regarding Content License Agreements.
- 10.3. Taxes. Each party will be responsible for its own taxes properly levied on it by virtue of its undertakings hereunder.
11. MUTUAL WARRANTIES.
Each party warrants to the other party that:
- 11.1. the warranting party (if an Entity) is duly organized, validly existing, and in good standing as a corporation or other entity under the laws of the jurisdiction of its incorporation or other organization, and has the full right, power, and authority to enter into and perform its obligations and grant the rights, licenses, consents, and authorizations it grants or is required to grant under this Agreement.
- 11.2. the execution of this Agreement by the warranting party’s representative has been duly authorized by all necessary corporate or organizational action of such party, and when so executed, this Agreement will constitute the legal, valid, and binding obligation of such party.
12. YOUR ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
In addition to any other representations or warranties herein, you further warrant to License Lounge that:
- 12.1. you are not an agency, department, or other unit of any federal, state, county, municipal or other governmental entity in the United States of America or in any other country.
EXCEPTING THOSE WARRANTIES EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, THE PLATFORM IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LICENSE LOUNGE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES TO YOU AND TO ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE PLATFORM AND REGARDING ALL CONTENT AND LICENSES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, RESULTS OF USE, RELIABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. LICENSE LOUNGE ALSO DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE, OR SECURE.
THE DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS AGREEMENT.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO EITHER PARTY’S INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM EITHER PARTY’S VIOLATION OF THE OTHER PARTY’S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, (A) NEITHER PARTY WILL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT AND (B) LICENSE LOUNGE’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY THEORY WILL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL FEES PAID BY YOU TO LICENSE LOUNGE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE THREE MONTHS BEFORE THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR $10,000, WHICHEVER AMOUNT IS LESS.
LICENSE LOUNGE WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, TO CONTENT OR TO LICENSES UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY.
THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR TORT, OR PURSUANT TO STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, AND REGARDLESS OF THE PERSON BRINGING THE CLAIM. THIS SECTION IS INTENDED TO EXCLUDE CLAIMS TO THE GREATEST EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PERMITS.
IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER, YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS (COLLECTIVELY “INDEMNIFY”” OR “INDEMNIFICATION”) LICENSE LOUNGE AND LICENSE LOUNGE’S OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS (“LICENSE LOUNGE INDEMNITEES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS AND PROCEEDINGS, AND ANY RESULTING LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE LEGAL FEES AND EXPENSES), BROUGHT AGAINST ANY LICENSE LOUNGE INDEMNITEE, RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT BY YOU OR OTHERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL OR ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF.
- 16.1. Cumulative Provisions. Each covenant, representation, warranty, license and other provision of this Agreement that applies to a party is cumulative of other covenants, representations, warranties, licenses and other provision that apply to that party by virtue of this Agreement or of a Supplemental Agreement, except as this Agreement or a Supplemental Agreement expressly states.
- 16.2. Nature of Relationship. Each party will act as an independent contractor of the other with respect to this Agreement, and employees and independent contractors of one party will not be considered those of the other. This Agreement creates no agency, partnership, joint venture, other joint relationship or fiduciary relationship. Neither party may make any commitments binding on the other, nor may either party make any representation that they are acting for, or on behalf of, the other.
- 16.3. Third-Party Beneficiaries. There are no third-party beneficiaries under this Agreement except as this Agreement may expressly provide.
- 16.4. Assignment. You may not assign or transfer any of your obligations, licenses or rights under this Agreement without License Lounge’s prior written consent. License Lounge may assign this Agreement without your prior notice or consent.
- 16.5. Force Majeure. Neither party will be held liable for failure to perform any obligation of or delay in performance resulting from or contributing to any cause beyond that party’s reasonable control, including without limitation any act of God, act of civil or military authority, act of war or terrorism, act (including delay, failure to act, or priority) of any governmental authority, power outages, civil disturbance, insurrection or riot, sabotage, fire, severe weather conditions, earthquake, flood, strike, work stoppage or other labor difficulty, embargo, delay in transportation or embargoes. The affected party’s obligations will be suspended solely to the extent caused by the force majeure and so long as it lasts, and the time for performance of the affected obligation will be extended by the time of the delay that the force majeure causes.
- 16.6. Export Regulations. Each party warrants that it will comply in all respects with any export and re-export restrictions imposed by any U.S. or foreign law to the Platform. Each party represents that it is not named on any U.S. government denied-party list.
- 16.7. Agreement Binding on Successors. This Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties and their heirs, administrators, successors, and permitted assigns.
- 16.8. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- 16.9. Waiver. No waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement will constitute a waiver of any prior, concurrent or subsequent breach of the same or any other provisions hereof, and no waiver will be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party.
- 16.10. Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior agreements between them concerning its subject matter. Any amendment must be in writing and expressly state that it is amending this Agreement.
- 16.11. Governing Law. The laws of Delaware, except for conflict-of-law rules, will apply to any dispute between you and License Lounge related to the Platform, to any Content or to this Agreement.
- 16.12. Dispute Resolution. Any dispute, claim or controversy between you and License Lounge relating to this Agreement or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity of it, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, shall be determined by arbitration in the county and state in the United States where License Lounge at that time has its principal place of business, before one arbitrator. The arbitration shall be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures. Judgment on the arbitrator’s award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This clause shall not preclude parties from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction.
- 16.13. Notices. Notices to License Lounge under this Agreement are deemed received only when sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 16.14. Other License Lounge Products and Versions. This Agreement does not provide you with access to, licenses to or any other rights relating to any License Lounge product or service, or any version or feature of any such product or service, except as provided herein.
- 16.15. Survival. The following sections of this Agreement will survive their termination, in addition to any other section expressly providing for its survival: sections 7 (additional provisions relating to Creators); 10.1 (fees to License Lounge); 13 (disclaimers); 14 (limitation of liability); 15 (indemnification); 16.4 (assignment); 16.6 (export regulations); 16.7 (successors); 16.10 (entire agreement); 16.11 (governing law); 16.12 (dispute resolution), 16.14 (other License Lounge services, products and versions).